Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1988 SPG 1986 900 Turbo/ notch 1999 9-5 base
    Thumbs Up:   0

2.8T Turbo upgrades / tuning

Well, I figured pointless to post in the NG 9-5 section as no one has these cars, and it has the same engine as the 9-3's that they made thousands of. Anyway, the engine in my 2010 9-5 is out for service (headgaskets) and the turbo is sitting on the ground. This seems like a good time to upgrade! From what I understand it is already the best OE unit being a 19T, but can I send it out and make it better or are there any factory fit replacements that are an upgrade for that unit? I would also not mind doing larger injectors and a tune, as all this stuff is already apart sitting in my garage, it's just a matter of bolting on the better stuff, and why not? I will say one thing, these 2.8T's sure do have teeny tiny exhaust manifolds, which is kind of surprising as the exhaust downpipe and intake manifolds are actually quite huge.

0 Not allowed!

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Thumbs Up:   4
    You may get more response and reaction for upgrades on Facebook sadly. I don't think we have too many 2.8T owners running more than a tune and a DP. Why not just buy that kit you were talking about anyway?

0 Not allowed!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Give Brian a call at Vtuners, he shows a Super 19T compressor along with some other widgets I suppose are like injectors and such to give his Stage 2 390 horsepower. Does require a core deposit so you are definitely swapping out turbos. Let us know. Very friendly guy so give him a call.

0 Not allowed!
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum