Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Brady
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5 3.0

Stalled out and no oil? Help!

So I was driving home on the highway at 55mph and noticed the car felt like it was loosing power. So I made my turn and the car stalled. So I started it back up and head motor noise, I quickly shut it off and checked the oil. There was no oil on the dipstick and when I opened the oil filler cap a little bit of white steam came out. I've had a small oil leak for some time now and figured it finally went. I can see that most of the bottom of the motor/oil pan area is wet with oil. Any clues? Also this probably isn't related but after all this happened I tried to clear my "Brake Light Failure" SID warning and it wouldn't clear.

2001 Saab 9-5 v6 3.slow aka (3.0)

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    You best get it towed to a qualified tech. Sounds like your motor is cooked. Likely there is still some oil in the sump so it may not be destroyed, but be prepared for that.

Brady
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5 3.0
    Thanks man, actually last night I used my roommates car to go grab a gallon of cheap oil and I was able to get it home. By the sound its making I'd say connecting rod issue. Thanks for the reply.