Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 Stage 2 Saab 9-3

Stage 2 Saab 9-3 stuttering during heavy acceleration

I'm new to the Saab world and I've had this 2004 Saab 9-3 for a few months and recently when I am in 4th or 5th gear and I try to push the gas all the way the car starts to stutter and when I let off it runs fine. No codes are thrown and no other issues. It feels like a bad jerking feeling and I let it off before anything else might happen. When I try to accelerate slowly through the gears and build up my boost it runs fine but only when I floor it does this happen. From reading forums about other model Saabs I've heard it could be the DIC, fuel pump or a throttle body but no one seems to be talking about this model having that issue. Anyone have any insight on this? Much appreciated...

Saab Enthusiast CaptainMediocre's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2007 Saab 95 2.3T Sedan
    When I had that happen it needed a new DIC and spark plugs. Plus the throttle body went shortly after. All common issues on Saabs but easily correctable.

Patrick Hunt
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 conv 2006 sportcombi
    My mechanic told me the problem was the front cv joints but I do not believe him. I still haven't solved the problem, though, so maybe he is right.

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Arc Convertible, 2008 9-3 2.0T
    Sometimes you won't get a code in the early stage of coil pack failure. A diagnosis with a Tech2 may be able to help pinpoint the issue.

if the coil packs are original to car I would be very suspicious of them.

harry
    Saab Enthusiast SatchSportSedan's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Sport Sedan B207E 150Hp
    Hi, like i just replied to another Topic, from Stephanie with an Aero-V6:

about the initial topic: engine stumbles, bucks, jerks,or how do you call it ;-?

What is the codes number? 0171? Does it clear itself after a while running OK?
    Did it showed up suddenly, or after some particular handlings/maintenance/repair?

There are lists of TDC-codes, and what they mean.
    Can also be the throttle pedal position sender.
    It are variabel resistances, that track eachother for correct position (= throttle, power demand).

When it only happens more at spirited driving, high RPMs, I'd think about full pressure?
    Maybe enough for idling, and slow driving; but inadequate at higher speeds? Clogged filter?
    On the fuel line, should be a Pressure regulator.
    Try fueling at other places, because can be bad fuel aswell.

Are you running on gasoline of autogas?

I have a 1.8t B207E, on LPG (with valve-saver additive automatically injected)
    But it's injection rate was set way too high, by the installer.
    And my plugs fouled, with a creamy dry deposite between Sparks electrodes.
    Cleaning them, and setting that FlashLube rate from 6 -> 3 the correct rate for my 150BHP did it all.

Another erratic thing can be manifold and/or throttle house gasket (vacuum) leaks.

Happy fidling with your 9-3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everything is simple ,regarding time spend