Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    93 2010 Sedan

Changed spark plugs and engine won't start

Hi all,

So I just changed two spark plugs, replaced with recommended PFR6-T. Car now won't start, seems to not be getting fuel. Removed the changed plugs, checked, and replaced -- still won't start. I just got a tune up last week and everything was fine (except the plugs). Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brett

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Arc Convertible, 2008 9-3 2.0T
    Why only two plugs? Normally all should be done.

Did the connector(s) for a coil possibly become disconnected?

Do you hear the fuel pump and fuel pump relay when turning key to on before getting to start?

if you pull engine cover off you will see the fuel rail. After turning key to on you can see if there if fuel pressure at the test port. It looks like a tire valve and should have a cap on it. Just put a rag under it and press the pin in the middle, if fuel come out under pressure it is most likely not the pump etc.

Speed Demon

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bbuzz31 View Post
    Hi all,

So I just changed two spark plugs, replaced with recommended PFR6-T. Car now won't start, seems to not be getting fuel. Removed the changed plugs, checked, and replaced -- still won't start. I just got a tune up last week and everything was fine (except the plugs). Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brett
    This exact same thing happened to me way back when I had a Mitsubishi Galant....The Spark Plug Tubes must be in exactly the same order as when they were unplugged, if the order is incorrect, the car will not start.