Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 aero

Question ? on Speakers: 2007 9-5 Areo Rear Deck

Relatively new member on Saab World Forum and equally new owner of the car I have wanted since college. The Forum has been very helpful with a recent check engine light-- Forum threads identified the throttle assembly failure before my mechanic did (who works only on Saabs and Volvos).

My Areo is perfect! Unlike other cars I have owned I don't have the need to upgrade a thing (other than the floor mats with the factory rubber ones which I did for the snowy winters in DC). The most fun car to drive I have ever had.

The rear deck speakers however, seem shot--crackled and scratchy bits of sound reminiscent of a blown speaker. I have the upgraded sound system and want your opinions on replacement because have read the upgraded system is a bit complicated so want to take it to a pro for install --do not want to DIY it. Any sage advice or caveats would be welcome.

Kenny
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero MT
    Depending on your taste and also pockets:

The rear speaker in a SAAB works off a AMP that is in the passenger side kick panel.

Knowing this, you must also know that all the speakers in the car are component, so there all have a difference OMHs range and difference frequency range.....which in your case is the rear. Rear speaker in a Saab 9-5 are woofer\subwoofer
    Note: the rear channel is split 2 types of frequency - The doors are mid woofers - and the rear deck is woofer\subwoofer -

The rear deck only produces Low frequency so 2 way or 3 ways speaks would be useless ( in my opinion)

Recommendation: 2ohm Boston Acoustic or JL audio or JBL component only -

Now this is depending on the fact that you are connecting the upgraded setup is being connection VIA harness audio RCA(L,R)

For insane orchestra sound - Full Boston Acoustic component -
    SAAB
    Keep Calm my friends
    and Apply BOOST