Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1997 900SE Turbo

Seat Memory Problem

I'm new to Saab ownership. I've got a 1997 900 SE Turbo with a seat memory problem. Whenever I open the door, the drivers seat moves to a certain position (same every time). The memory button will move it back to my right place, but this is annoying. Any ideas how what is wrong?

thanks for the help!

Tom

Saab(s)
    1997 900SE Turbo
    Just bumping this this thread up. Any ideas? Could it be the relay?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    I'm new to Saab ownership. I've got a 1997 900 SE Turbo with a seat memory problem. Whenever I open the door, the drivers seat moves to a certain position (same every time). The memory button will move it back to my right place, but this is annoying. Any ideas how what is wrong?

thanks for the help!

Tom

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Usually a seat memory issue is inside the Memory switch - they are a dime a dozen. Saab used them in all 9000's and some early c900's all the way up to the 2009 9-5. Same part. Local yard should yield you a few ;-)
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    1997 900SE Turbo
    Thanks Burnsside42, you were right! I ordered a used memory switch off eBay for $15 and it solved my problems. The seat now moves continually when I hold down the switch, and it no longer moves to a random spot when I open the door. Let's hope the switch lasts for a while.

Tom