Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1960 93F

1960 93F Electrical problems

Greetings! I just bought a 1960 93F, originally from South Africa (LHD) and just bought a battery for it. Nothing works except the starter. some of the lights worked for a little while but now, nothing does. There is power to the ammeter, power at the outbound terminal of the ammeter but no power to any of the ignition, headlight switch or fuse panel that it powers. Where should I be looking? I want to get this sorted out.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Did you figure it out?

I'd double check the battery voltage and follow the battery leads from there. Possibly a disconnected wire somewhere.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab(s)
    1960 93F
    I found out that the wire to the ammeter was not making good contact at the battery clamp. I replaced the clamp and now have a functioning electrical system. The wipers, all lights except the rear turn signals and dome light work, gauges and ignition work. The wiring to the horns and fuel pump both work but both items do not. I have removed them for repair. There is no power going to the rear turn signals, I hope I don't have to run new wires. so far I haven't run into too many problems, a blown bulb here, a bad ground there. Nothing too major. According to the wiring diagram the stop light switch is fed from the turn signal switch but that wire is cut and the stop light switch is fed from another source. Stop lights do work. There is a brake pedal so maybe I'll get lucky there. I still have to get the gas tank flushed out as the old (18 years?) fuel smells awful.