Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon

Engine cranks but won't catch

This afternoon I started the car ('04 9-5 ARC) backed out of the garage (first start of the day, so no heat soak, or anything) and engine quit within about 10 seconds. Turned everything off, try to start ... No codes showing in the SID. All the lights work, and engine cranks strong but won't catch.

This is my daily driver so I need to get it fixed immediately.
    Any ideas.?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    This story has a (mostly) happy ending. The problem turned out to be the Oxy sensor wire which had been resting on the turbo outlet pipe, the insulation melted, the circuit grounded out, blew the fuse which, wuddaya know, controls the O2 sensor AND the fuel pump !. The garage put in a new fuse, fixed the wire and secured it away from the hot pipe. Great relief. The unhappy part of the day was waiting 4 hours for the AAA tow truck to arrive; "he'll be there in 45 minutes", "he's in the neighborhood"; "he'll be there in 15 minutes", "the pick up order was cancelled" WTF.!
    Anyway, car is 'back in service' !!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Fortunately an easy fix but a pain to troubleshoot. And waiting for a tow truck.. Thanks for reporting back, this may help others in the future.