Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2000 9-3 Viggen Convertible

2000 9-3 Viggen Convertible soft top adjustment?

I've read through the soft top description, but didn't see what I was looking for and that is adjusting, fine tuning, calibrating (however you would like to refer to it) the opening and closing of the soft top. Currently, about 1/2 inch of my first bow hangs on the soft top storage cover just before it's almost completed the opening process and the same when closing. The storage cover is completely open and it seems that if the first bow wasn't retracted quite so far that it would clear the cover, but I don't immediately see how that can be adjusted. Any help would be much appreciated.

Saab(s)
    2000 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    Bump... any ideas?

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Finally.
    I knew I had seen something somewhere.
    Try here.
    SAAB 900 CONVERTIBLE MANUAL Pdf Download.
    I've downloaded from this site before with no problems.
    I know it's for the 900's, but I'm hoping it's applicable to, or not a million miles from the 93 top. There are trouble shooting guides, and some technical service bulletins that could help point you in the right area.
    Hope it helps
    Dave

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    The 900 convertible is a totally different system over the 9-3. Give me a reminder in a few days and I'll try and post you some details.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2001 9-3 ES

2001 9-3 Adjustment - Not sealing at Rear

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    The 900 convertible is a totally different system over the 9-3. Give me a reminder in a few days and I'll try and post you some details.
    I just purchased a 2001 9-3 last night, and was told that the top hydraulic system just needed Fluid to operate so I would apreciate a copy of these instructions as well. Until i can add fluid, I need to find out how to fully close a 1 to 2" gap at the base seal under the rear window. Can this gap be manually closed up or will the fluid need to be filled to seal the top properly? What type of Hydraulic fluid is required? Are there instructions on removing the rear seat back to fill the system? Does anyone have a soft copy of the service manuals?

Thanks in advance for getting me pointed in the right direction.