Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Paul dawson

Saab(s)
    Saab9.3 2.0 turbo linear convertable

Clicking on every revolution of front offside wheel

I'm new here , got two problems , first had car for ten months ,noticed clicking on every revolution of front offside wheel which disappears on braking ? Went to investigate and locking wheel nut is a crap fit and slips off so I can't get wheel off , any advice would be most welcome

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Greetings
    If your using the brace supplied, its not really an ideal tool for the job.
    I would use 17mm 1/2inch drive socket, on approx. 6inch extension bar on a 90 degree bar or a lengthy ratchet.
    That way you can put pressure straight on to the socket and nut key, and also the leverage with the ratchet.
    Halfords or motorist discount centres sell locking wheel nut removal sockets. They tend to need to be hammered on over the lock, and grip as your undoing the nut. A new set of locking studs or standard studs would then be required.
    Or you could go to somewhere like ATS or Tyre Tech (Osboldwick Ind Est) and they could possibly do it for you for a fee.
    Once the wheel is off, if you have any more problems and post on here, the year of your Saab would be of help. Different years have different brake assemblies.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers for now.
    Dave

Paul dawson

Saab(s)
    Saab9.3 2.0 turbo linear convertable
    Thanks Dave i went to tyre place and they undid them as they were on too tight , just trying to solve my other prob , the clicking has gone so think it was maybe debris trapped, but have metal to metal wen braking now so I'm presuming it's the pads and possibly discs at end of their life, by the way the car is a 2004 2 litre turbo convertable
    Last edited by Dodger; 12 May 2015 at 15:34. Reason: missed a bit

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    Discs & Pads all round would be good. You then know where your at if you have not had the car very long.
    It cost me roughly £50 for the front discs and pads on the 2001 93.
    And the rear discs and pads on the 2011 93 cost about the £80/£90.
    I'm not 100%, But I'm thinking yours uses the rear pads for the hand brake instead of shoes inside the hub.
    If so it makes life easier. Once the calliper is clear. the disc can be removed without taking the calliper bracket off.
    The fronts are straight forward to do.
    But it all depends upon your DIY level.
    I've fitted Apec on mine and had no problems with them. Depends on how you drive . I've heard Mintex banded around, but have had no personal dealings with them.
    http://apecbraking.co.uk/catalogue/frictionParts/range/friction-2344

http://www.brakebook.com/bb/mintex/en_GB/PKW/99/5078/17759/applicationSearch.xhtml
    Hope this helps
    Cheers for now
    Dave