Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    none

Vehicle mileage and buying

Hi all, this is my first post here. Happy to see such an active community for a great brand of car.

Im looking to purchase a 9-5 in the near future and was wondering how everyone's own car has stood up over time. The particular model I am looking at is a 2002 Aero wagon with a stick. I wish it was a 04-05 so it would have the PCV mod from the factory but the fact that it's an Aero and has documented regular oil change intervals assuages that fear somewhat.

My main concern is the car has 207,000 miles on it, although it looks like the previous owner took good care of it. I'll be able to see the car and do a more thorough inspection in a few days.

I know it can be vehicle and owner-dependent, but do any of you have a car with this much mileage? Does it still have some life left in it?

Thanks in advance for the advice! Hope to be joining the ranks of owners soon.

link to the car if anyone cares
    Used 2002 Saab 9-5 For Sale | Vienna VA

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    likely due for a bunch of suspension parts and maybe a clutch.. 207000 can still be a good car. His records will indicate what has been done/

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's a good sign an Audi dealer feels confident to put a 13-year old car with 200K miles on their used car lot. Most of these cars go straight to auction or the shady car dealer in the bad part of town.

As Mike mentioned, 200K is not the end of the road for a 9-5, especially when it's an Aero. There was a 9-5 in Europe which made it to 600K miles. So you still may get 400K miles out of this one. http://saabworld.net/f85/one-million...erlands-26567/

It looks like it is in nice shape and the price seems reasonable.

Saab(s)
    none
    Thanks for the replies! There is a '01 base/Linear in PA with only 73k, but I'm really looking for an Aero (performance/looks/oil spec hopefully offsets the sludge issue some) and this looks to be in good shape. I'm thinking if it made it this far without something major going, maybe the previous owner took good care of it. Appreciate the feedback!