Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-5 aero

vibration & unstable feeling

hi all, farming this one out to the great saab minds, this has been driving me bonkers since about xmas time

2004 9-5 aero, suspension all re built last year, new alloys & tires etc etc wheel alinement checked & re checked (on a hunter) tires checked, alloys checked wheels balanced & re balanced, subframe bushes replaced, arb bushes replaced suspension checked over & over & over then checked again just to make sure im close to going insane but we cant find out what the problem is

vibration through the steering wheel & though the front of the car i can feel it through the gas pedal & the wife can feel it through her feet in the footwell can occur at anything from 50mph upwards

the front of the car feels unstable on bumpy roads, it moves around on the bumps can feel the car doing it, but cant feel it move around through the steering wheel, my steering wheel is straight ahead when driving straight but then some days its off to the left or the right to maintain a straight path

some days the car drives great no problems then other days i get all the above

cars only done 49K & never been in a smash

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    A long shot, but check the connection in the footwell where the steering wheel shaft meets the junction. Some of us have had to separate it and re grease it. If it is loose you will be able to feel it. Otherwise, something has come loose under the car. I would take it to a suspension shop to check the mounts under the motor and battery tray and the big one on top and the torsion arm to the transmission. Next exam is the drive shaft and the hubs.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    04 9-5 aero
    cheers mike will check it out