Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon

Window Won't Roll Down-Please Help

Hey There,

My left, front (passenger, front) window rolled down the other day, and won't roll back up. Any clue what the issue can be. I noticed 2 of the rollers were busted, and replaced them, but I am still having an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    When you replace the green rollers use a big pair of channel lock pliers to make sure you get the ball clicked in twice. If you did it by hand it's not in all the way and has probably fallen back off.
    There is a tutorial on YouTube for this. It's the same as the Volvo 60. Same rollers too.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I just fixed my drivers side window. The problem with the windows is the rubber molding falls out of the track at the back of the window. (I've seen this in 3 separate front doors.) When the rubber is gone the window leans forward because the bottom back of the window is catching on the metal track. (This stress on the mechanism breaks green rollers...)
    In the past I have re-glued (Or glued...?) the rubber back into the track with marine adhesive (Goop) then put the window back in. It doesn't seem to work very well for anything I use it for.... (Make sure the window is in the front and back rubber tracks. It seems to have low tolerances for raising and lowering.)
    Today i had to fix the wires for the fuel flap, hatch and light that were cut by the scissor action of the window mechanism. It was a clean cut through all 6 wires... I soldered them back together and used tie straps to hold it in close to the inside of the door.
    While soldering I blew a fuse... For the SID...? Odd...
    I decided to try something different today for the rubber molding falling out problem. I left the rubber part in the bottom of the door. I used a interior carpet type stuff to fit in the track. I glued it in with a polymer glue. (The type that foams. (Gorilla glue.)) Once I had the V shaped carpet in place I lowered the window so it would be held in place.
    I am waiting for it to dry now...
    I will report back on how things go with this modification.
    All the buttons on the door and the light work fine now.
    finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com