Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 auto 2004 ARC
    Thumbs Up:   0

mystery coolent loss rac, AA local garage stumped! plz help

Hi ppl, any help please 9-5 arc 2004 2.0 started pouring coolent out but now one could see the location was told water pump failure aa came out did presure test and found no issue after he did it the big leak went like magic it was loosing it slowley every 70 miles had to top up but no sign of leak so 2 months went by with fault but now we have this hot wheather it has stopped loosing it completely! !?? I hope for good any ideas as my garages have no saab knowledge please help any advice welcome

0 Not allowed!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   123
    Can you see where the coolant ends up on the ground? Front or side of engine or perhaps near the firewall? Radiator?

A good place to start is the coolant bypass valve as these commonly fail:
    http://saabworld.net/f29/solenoid-va...b-9-5-wis-674/

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 auto 2004 ARC
    Hi Wulf thx for getting back, it was leaking near passenger side near brake fluid res but hard to tell the rac said looks like from water pump radiator seems fine no sign of leaks from coolent tank or anywhere that naked eye can see. But over last few days seems no leaks or loosing coolent how can it go from dumping lots out to none at all surely if water pump had gone it would still ne pissing out hmmm ant other ideas thx for ur advise

0 Not allowed!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 Aero Sport Combi
    Thumbs Up:   2
    Sounds like the heater control valve to me. When they go they go big... and then often stop leaking for a while. It's right in the area you describe.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 auto 2004 ARC
    Thanks for your help have noticed the faster I put foot down or use turbo ot goes down super fast any idea on a repair price? Or any good saab garages near or in Liverpool thx ppl

0 Not allowed!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 Aero Sport Combi
    Thumbs Up:   2
    If you own some very basic tools and have ANY mechanical ability at all, you can do it yourself in your driveway in less than 1 hour. Otherwise I have no idea what parts/labor prices are like on your side of the pond. Here in the US I would expect to pay under $200 if using an aftermarket part, 250-300 for a genuine Saab part.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2.0 auto 2004 ARC
    Ok thanks ppl its nice to have an idea on what could be the issue I will look in Haynes manual see if I have thw guts to do it lol

0 Not allowed!