Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    none at the moment

First time saab buyer. looking for some input and intro

Good evening folks. My name is Mark and I am looking to join the Saab community soon. I have always driven german cars since I was 16, mainly BMWs. But an Audi A4 and a VW GTI came and went along the way also.

I will admit, i dont know much about saabs so im looking for input here. Ive always thought they were cool but havent given them much of a look til recently. I am starting to need a wagon since home depot trips are getting dicey with my 328 and my dog is starting to outgrow the back seat. BMW wagons are hard to come by and most of them have too many miles or are just neglected junk.

I found these 2 cars in particular. Both seem to be in pretty good shape. Just looking for some feedback and if these cars are reliable. From my research the 2.0T is a pretty solid engine minus the water pump and intake valve issue. But im hoping that has been blown out of proportion.

car #1

Used 2010 Saab 9-3 Wagon for sale Bethlehem PA - J1492A

car #2

Used 2007 Saab 9-3 For Sale | Doylestown PA

which one would you pick/ think is the better deal? All input appreciated.

Saab(s)
    9-3 wagon
    My wife has a 9-3 Wagon 2010 about 25,000 its great no issues to date. I highly recommend the wagon. This is our second Saab.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The 2007 model year has the older bodystyle but with the new interior like the 2010. It all depends which one you prefer. The intake valve issue is a common problem and can be an expensive fix.

It's a bit difficult to recommend one over the other because the 2010 is almost twice the price with 1/2 the miles on it. The 2010 is an Aero so will have a firmer ride and some additional equipment.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    The color of the 2007 is far better. I had a black Saab and 3 silver ones. Silver ones are more practical and look better 80% of the time unless you constantly wax it. The 2010 is likely to be in far better shape. It could last you 15 happy years. After all, Saabs aren't made anymore so if you like the car, it must last.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 93 convertible
    Hi my name is Theresa I too just joined and have been pleased with all the information I have gotten from this. I just bought a 2003 93 convertible. And encountered some pretty challenging repairs. However I have found all the information I need on the thread both current and old post even as far back as 2007.
    I was really concerned 2weeks after buying my saab but have been very satisfied with the guidance I have received On These threads and it has also saved me a bundle knowing how to repair i.e. how to videos and parts with free shipping
    welcome mark. I hope you have a great experience whatever you decide

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I personally did the check out on that 2007 and if it was $5-6000 I would have bought it for my mom. It's ROUGH body wise. Every panel is dinged dented and scratched. It runs and drives fine. A/C isn't cold and it needs tires. IMHO it's not a $10,000 car. Problem is they bought it for too much. It'll likely get dumped back into the auction circuit eventually.

I work @ Fred Beans FYI

If you want help finding a good clean car - email me.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com