Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    1988 C900T16

1988 90016T wont start...

hey, guys. i bought this car in not running condition, i replaced the dizzy and ended up having to find TDC (not sure if i timed it right :/ ). but when i was finished it started right up and ran like this( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yKseeclQTA ) right after i took this video i replaced the master brake and clutch cyl and when i whent to start it, it wouldn't fire... i got it to run for a few seconds by spraying fuel into the intake so im sure the spark is fine. i also jumped the fuel pump relay with a paper clip and it wouldn't fire. any tips will be greatly appreciated! thanks.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    Sounds like a sick motor. Response on the throttle is very slow. Make sure timing is correct. You can check for fuel pressure by cracking open a banjo nut at the end of the fuel rail. Fuel should spurt out. To do it correctly you should check the pressure.

Saab(s)
    1988 C900T16
    i checked the pressure and it seems fine. i used "the screwdriver method" to find TDC so im not 100% on timing.. but it runs if i spray fuel into the intake. i took some of the intake pipes off to get to the slave cyl when i put the clutch master cyl on ever since i did that it won't start! i put it all back the way it was...