Hi all,

It's been a while since I was last on here. No longer owning a Saab does this to a person apparently!

I still haven't got round to getting another Swede yet although I am looking. As the Citroen has decided that it doesn't seem to like going back to its home country.

The last Saab I had, I bought for £500, 1998 (S-reg). It ran to Spain and back twice and never bothered with any slight worry at all. The Citroen 2008 (58plate) £5000. So far in the last 12mths I've spent more on it than the 2 previous years with the Saab.

While on holiday the CV boot retaining clip snapped which at the end cost €232 for new boot, cleaning brakes and area etc. A/C has given up the ghost in minimum 28 degree heat up to 41 degrees. Yet no fault can be found with the system.
I also ended up with a hydraulic/steering leak from around the steering rack. Worse case £1000 plus to fix.

There are a couple in the family who strictly believe that a newer car is a better car, cheaper to run and maintain.

I'm just waiting to sell on our little Peugeot 206 to give me some space in the garage for my next project.