Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 aero
    Thumbs Up:   0

2002 9-5 aero, auto transmission, in drive but reverses, cold start

I'm baffled by this issue and could use some help. Background: 2002 9-5 aero 5 speed auto trans, new valve body from dealer less than 10k miles on it, not sure actual miles on transmission itself cause it is a used one and was there when i purchased the car (overall miles 180k or so), all new fluid with valve body change of course. Shifting flawlessly after valve body replacement. Complete timing system rebuild due to broken guides, etc (Genuine SAAB Timing and Balance Kit 93184480 - Free Shipping), professional installed by saab mechanic after hours about <2500 miles ago.

Current Symptoms: About 1k miles ago, error code P07xx appeared (sorry can't remember exact code since I've cleared it) while my son was driving the car but I do remember it was related to input speed. His description was that it didn't want to go and couldn't get it up over 40 or so when it did (limp mode??). Also described that when put into drive after sitting overnight that it either wanted to reverse or did nothing like in neutral. Resolved it by putting back into park and then drive and no more symptoms. Has happened a couple times on him. I've driven since that time and no issues, no error codes, shifting fine, etc.. trans fluid level is within range but will reconfirm later today. Most recently, after about a 200 mile trip and sitting overnight again, son described that he put car in drive and it wanted to go reverse or did nothing again like in neutral. Again, put into park and back to drive to resolve issue. No error codes, drives fine, etc..

Any ideas on where to start my trouble shooting and what it could be? Thank you in advance for you help everyone.

0 Not allowed!

mdb99@bellsouth.net
    Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Thumbs Up:   7
    As mentioned in your SaabScene post. It is the NSS.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2002 9-5 aero
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Thank Mike

0 Not allowed!