Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    1988 C900T16

i need to get this saab running..

hello, again. i've tried a few things and nothing seems to work. i made a video when i jumped the FP relay. does it sound alright? also i've got some pictures of the motor.

Name:  IMG_2158.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2159.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2160.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2161.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  48.9 KB

like i said i got the car in not running condition and the guy that owned it before me didn't take good care of the poor car. maybe you guy's will spot something i missed. and as i said in my last post i replaced the dizzy and it ran, OK. and then i changed the master clutch and brake cyl. and once i was finished it didn't start. maybe we can get this sorted. thanks guys.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Fuel, Air, Spark an it should at least fire.

If you crack the banjo fitting on the end of the fuel rail and you get a squirt of fuel the pump is working.

Saab(s)
    1985 900 Turbo EAG, 1990 SPG Talladega Red
    I did not view the video, but from the pictures I can see that on the plus side, the engine components look fairly free of corrosion. On the minus side, someone has made many modifications. If it ran before, I would check over everything you did to see if something is not the same. That can be hard to do if you are unfamiliar with these cars, I know.

When you say you took some of the intake pipes off, what are you refering to, the whole intake manifold, just some of the vacuum lines, or what?

Saab(s)
    1985 900 Turbo EAG, 1990 SPG Talladega Red
    I re-read your post. I assume you mean the turbo intake pipes from the throttle body forward.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    Does it start with 'Easystart' (ether) sprayed into the intake? Do this through an intake rubber bush. If it runs it's probably a fuel issue. If it doesn't run it's probably spark and I would first check plug lead order. The Bentley manual is wrong on this issue and if you followed that it won't start. Plug lead position; looking from front of car and starting from 12 o'clock, going counter-clockwise it's; 1-3-4-2.
    Last edited by peva; 03 August 2015 at 07:53.

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    If it ran ok until you did some work, I'd start by going back and check your work, make sure you didn't disconnect a vac line or ground wire.

If rechecking your work doesn't reveal anything start with simple stuff as already suggested.

I don't have a turbo for reference, but I see two capped off vac lines on the throttle body.