Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5SE wagon, 2002 9-3 Viggen 3 door

9-5 SE poor fuel mileage

My 2001 9-5 wagon with 132K miles normally runs about 28mpg but has recently dropped to about 22. I had the check engine light come on briefly and then go back out. Read a P1300 code with a generic code reader which was for a "random misfire" Changed the plugs and the code has not come back but mileage is still way down. Car runs fine otherwise. Went over the intake system looking for cracked boots or anything and everything looks good.
    I'm at a bit of a loss where to look next and any ideas would be great.
    Thanks
    Dave

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/9-5/index.html?bID=250820

Check this out.

Also, your being new to this you need to make sure you have the right NKG spark plugs and the correct DIC and that your DIC is working correctly. If the DIC has never been changed get a new one from Rock Auto as they are selling the Saab Units.

Saab(s)
    2001 Aero 125K. At 70MPH, heard pop, loss of power, flashing [COLOR=#67B045 !important]check engine[/COLOR] light. Immediately pulled over and cut engine off; checked oil, coolant and trans fluids-all ok. Started engine, ran ok, I was only a mile from home so I drove home slowly. (Check engine light came on again but was not flashing). Error Code analyzer read "P1300-torque limitation signal low." Looked on line here and read host of expensive repairs might ensue (valve, cat etc). A few people said it might be a vacuum hose, so I started checking there and sure enough, the big, main throttle body hose c-clamp had come loose and the hose had popped off the throttle body. (see photo). Easy fix! [COLOR=#67B045 !important]Lesson[/COLOR] learned; always check the simple stuff first!

posted by 69.137.152...
    http://www.thesaabsite.com/faqfiles/...ment.427.1.jpg

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Mike,
    Are you the same Mike Brennan that was a big part of the Iowa BMW CCA? I have not done anything with them for some time but I do still have the BMWs.
    Both the new and the old plugs are the correct NGK ones. The DICs are both the Saab units and the numbers on the two units match. Don't know if they are original or not as I have only had the car for the last 10K miles. I did swap the DICs front to rear when I changed plugs. Since my P1300 code is for a Random Misfire and not tied to a specific cylinder I don't suspect the DICs yet.

Saab(s)
    Other than driving a 1968 2002, maybe the 1st one in America, I have never been in a BMW. You have a V6. Hmmm, didn't consider that. I have never even see the compartment for the 6 so I guess I have wasted your time here. Sorry mate.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    May have stumbled onto the problem. Found the PCV valve had split causing a vacuum leak. Have one ordered will results when I get it in.