Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 93 Convertible

Need help to indentify hose. Hose connects from under check valve to underneath

Please help me identify this hose it recently busted. It connects from engine to the back near firewall there is is another hose next to it near firewall. Extremely hard to get to near back I have to go underneath car to access it. Looks like I may need to remove muffler to access the clamp and disconnect. SO frustrated having just spent 8 hrs removing and replacing radiator. Your help and suggestions greatly appreciated is their any easier way to install this hose
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    I believe its one of the two hoses that go to your heater matrix. They come as a pair.
    part number 4961074. (Heater hose kit).
    Saab Cooling system, Cooling system 4 Cylinder
    Item number 12
    It's suggested that all the other coolant hoses be replaced too, due to them being the same age and perhaps the same potential to fail. That's in an ideal world. But an ideal world seems to have an endless budget. A good inspection would be a good start, to check that they are not rubbing against other components or cracking on the outside. Another indication is if the hoses feel jelly like, instead of firm. It could indicate the hose is weakening.
    I replaced both hoses from above, it's a bit fiddly, but if it were easy it wouldn't feel so good when you've done it.
    Hope this helps.
    Dave

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 5dr 2.0L turbo

Follow up

CJ how was changing out the hose? I have a few cracks in that hose and I was wondering if i should replace it myself or send it in?

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    This depends on your skill level and the tools you have at your disposal. If you can access all the four clamps and move them along the hose approximately 3 or 4 inches, then once that's done, the rest is relatively straight forward.
    Once the clamps are moved you can cut the hoses off if they seem stuck on and twisting them fails to move them.
    The new ones come with a bracket holding them together, but it's easier to do one at a time then put the bracket on afterwards.
    There are various tools for the clamps, you could buy or possibly hire.
    Here are two types.

http://img.banggood.com/images/uploa...U204185(1).jpg
    http://www.rapidonline.com/catalogue...04749P01WL.jpg

Hope this helps.
    Dave.