Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate, 2001 Saab 9-3 2.3 Aero Stage 2

2006 Aero down on power

Hello! I have some issues regarding my 2006 9-5 Aero wagon. I thought it felt really slow for having 260 horsepower, kind of lacking boost. Did some 100-150kmh runs and the best was somewhere around 7.5 seconds. Here is a vid of the car:
    https://youtu.be/LnaKPqFhDU0

As you can see the boost gauge is touching red.
    Anyway, i figured eventually that the car was this slow, regarding its quite heavy and so on. So i ordered a stage 1 upgrade from speedparts - 273hp 441nM.

Now the car is faster, but still feel like its lacking lots of boost! In my mind it should feel like a horse kick. I have had 230hp-ish audis in the past en they atleast felt a lot quicker.
    Sometimes it also feels like the car is building up great boost (horse kick feel &#128521 for like a second or two, then gone!
    With the chip the boost gauge goes a bit into the red field for a sec and then back down just under red.

Havent done 100-150 with chip yet but i will and get back to you. What can cause this?
    I have tried to check for vakuumleaks but havent found any yet. Really would appreciate help

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    The power range in the 9 5 is geared bit high. Thus you should feel it's greatest power at higher speeds. It looks to me that the gauge is acting as it should. You have a big heavy car, but it is a highway cruiser not a jackrabbit.