Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X

When did Sirius XM finally cut yours off?

I'd been hesitant to mention it, because it was nice getting XM radio for free, but today it finally went dark.

When did or has it yet gone off?

jack vines

spookyfrank
    Hey Jack, are you saying you were listening for free since you bought the car? Mine went off after the trial and I extended it several times after fighting with their phone representatives for better rates multiple times. However, after I discovered Pandora I'm using that via Bluetooth or USB cable while charging my phone (also for free in case you're OK with some ads).
    But maybe you're referring to the SiriusXM Free Listening event which they just had. They do that multiple times, I guess that they have hard times to survive and compete against Pandora and Apple Music.

mine also went off after the trial and the most recent renewal is just over $200 -- I'm going for at least another year as I really enjoy the options and quality of reception everywhere

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    I keep getting the $20 for 5 months offer. I'm not taking it. SiriusXM screwed over my dad on his plan (got him to switch to a MORE EXPENSIVE plan he didn't need), then constantly re-billing him even after multiple attempts to cancel via phone, email and postal mail.

The other thing is.. It sounds like poorly encoded MP3 files to me. Like 64kbps or lower. Not CD quality or better. And i regularly experienced dropped signals while driving to and from work, and around town.

The Free Listening even was on during our trip to Outter Banks this year. The few times I put it on, I lost signal while driving down the DelMarVa peninsula.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Nope, I never paid, never extended, just got two years free.

jack vines

Saab(s)
    9-4X Aero
    I also got two years out of it before I got disconnected. Shame!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    If I were a traveling salesman and on the road for hours most days, I'd consider paying it, but around town here, never gonna happen.

jack vines