Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon

warning lights

These warning lights, the ESP light, the brakes and ABS lights and the triangle in the middle, all came on this afternoon, preceded by a double ping alert (kinda like a doorbell). Stopped in a parts store to see if any codes stored - nothing, and alert lights did not come back on. Is this Saab's clever way of telling me to get the brakes serviced.?
    Name:  alerts.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  19.0 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I think that's a sign the ABS controller is is failing and needs repair. It happens occasionally in mine as well but when I turn off the engine and back on again, everything is back to normal.

UKSaabs • View topic - Random warning lights on 9-5 - ABS, ESP, Brake - NOW FIXED

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 95 Vector 2t
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbuck1 View Post
    These warning lights, the ESP light, the brakes and ABS lights and the triangle in the middle, all came on this afternoon, preceded by a double ping alert (kinda like a doorbell). Stopped in a parts store to see if any codes stored - nothing, and alert lights did not come back on. Is this Saab's clever way of telling me to get the brakes serviced.?
    Name:  alerts.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  19.0 KB
    Mine does the same occasionally when I turn the ignition on, if I turn it off and back on again everything is back to normal.

Desmond Khoo
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.0t
    Happened to me once when i bought the car 3 years back. Then i took it to the car wash and all warnings disappeared. No issues since then

des

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    Had this problem too, but solved it without sending abs controller off. It was poor connections with the wheel sensors in rear, and found a great tutorial on saabnet by danofromtexas. Symptoms are identical to failed abs, but there is no CEL and the Speedo works. Had to remove left rear seat, pull up carpet to access wiring harness, and unwrap tape to access connectors. I removed them and crimped new connections, but you can solder if you wish. My triangle of doom was heat related, and came on during summer months occasionally.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    Took the car over to Bob @ Sovereign, said only code was for the L. rear speed sensor. Apparently no big deal. He also reset some default settings on the speedo - said the wheel size was set at 15" instead than 16", and speed was set to read in Km/hr instead of miles/hr.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    Excellent. Is that the Sovereign in Roswell, GA?

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    Yes, 5015 Old Ellis Point, Roswell, GA 30076., down the street from the big UPS terminal. (www.sovereign-automotive.com) (770) 569-4646