Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

One headlight works..

Hello all, new to the forum. Name's Brandon. Been lurking the forum for a while and decided to join today.

Anyway, I've been searching for a while on here and in a general Google search, and cannot find anything relevant to my particular situation (sorry to start another headlight thread, I'm sure there are plenty), but anyway I have a 2006 9-3 SS with the HID low beams, and I took the car through the car wash today like I normally would, and afterwards my driver's side low beam HID would not ignite. Switched bulbs from side to side, as well as ballasts and only the passenger side works. Checked fuses under the hood, but everything checks out. I'm stuck. Any other headlight fuses I should check somewhere else? Relays? I'm kind of new to these cars. Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    Have you checked you have a good earth/ground. From what I can gather the various components of the front lights use different earth/ground points. You have the front and rear level sensors, the I-bus and then both front headlights that all use different earth/ground points. And as it happens there are ground points in the inner wings, behind both left and right headlights. I would be inclined to check that the contacts are good. Perhaps disconnecting and giving each one some attention with a wire brush or sand paper. They are usually black wires and are bolted to the body work. I have put a couple of links below that may be of interest.
    Hope this helps.
    Dave.
    xenondiagramnonUS-CAmarkets_zps1385f911.png Photo by CPDrummer515 | Photobucket
    Saab 9-3 93 Xenon Headlight Problems Ballast Bulb Igniter Replacement

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 wagon
    you need to replace your main fuse box