Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 sportswagon

Question Fuses on 9-3 wagon

Hi everyone
    Stupid question of the day coming up

The big blue fuse in the boot..how does it come out? By brute force or do you fiddle with the clip on too
    Have tried to upload pic but not sure if its worked
    Thanks for your help
    DaveName:  Screenshot_2015-10-01-18-52-13.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  38.2 KB

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    The 3 blocks along the bottom of the fuse board, from left to right, Blue, Black and Brown. Are cable multi plugs. As are the two above them.(Black & Grey).

When looking at you're picture it's easier to describe by using the top black one as a guide.

At the top of the plug you can see a red tab, above that you see a grey domed cap.
    If you place a flat bladed screwdriver in the front of the grey cap (and above the red tab) and then push upwards you will see the black part starting to come away/ disconnect. Same for the Blue, black and Brown plugs below, only the grey dome cap is at the bottom (and black).
    Now for my stupid question of the day.
    If you couldn't tell they were multi-cable plug connectors, and thought they were fuses. What were you doing to the car to end up in the boot, behind a side panel, in a fuse / distribution board
    Hope this helps.
    Dave

Saab(s)
    9-3 sportswagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 2 93s View Post
    Hi
    The 3 blocks along the bottom of the fuse board, from left to right, Blue, Black and Brown. Are cable multi plugs. As are the two above them.(Black & Grey).

When looking at you're picture it's easier to describe by using the top black one as a guide.

At the top of the plug you can see a red tab, above that you see a grey domed cap.
    If you place a flat bladed screwdriver in the front of the grey cap (and above the red tab) and then push upwards you will see the black part starting to come away/ disconnect. Same for the Blue, black and Brown plugs below, only the grey dome cap is at the bottom (and black).
    Now for my stupid question of the day.
    If you couldn't tell they were multi-cable plug connectors, and thought they were fuses. What were you doing to the car to end up in the boot, behind a side panel, in a fuse / distribution board
    Hope this helps.
    Dave
    Thanks for the info,i needed to connect the spa...and maybe my description wasnt spot on but thanks anyway

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Doh.
    Sorry about my typing finger getting a bit gobby towards the end. Now I'll never find out what a spa... is.
    Unless it's actually a spa, like http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE5NVgxNj...VvgRC/$_35.JPG

Dave

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    SPA is Saab Parking Assistance. I never thought I needed something like that but it sure is nice to have.

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Hi
    There is APA= Advanced Parking Aid and UPA = Universal Parking Aid.
    maybe they come with RVC and TSM (Rear View Camera and Traffic Sign Memory ).
    I've got these from a 2010-11 TOFD (Technical Overview Functional Description.pdf)
    I'm pleased to see they employ the AFS = Active Front Steering.
    I think Inactive Front Steering could be a little off putting to some.

Dave