Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2005 95 wagon

Electrical issues

2005 / 95 wagon, The wipers stop when the should be wiping and when put in the off position the stop in the middle of a wipe. The head lights blow one every few weeks. when starting, the starter labors as if the battery is low. After shutting off the switch, the radio keeps playing if it was on I have to turn switch on and off several times ( 1-3) and it stops. The radiator fan comes on when ever it feels like it, In the last 2 years, by the dealer car was purchased as new, the wiper motor has been replaced twice, starter switch once, battery twice, dimmer and directional unit once, number of fuses , none of which were burnt out, heads lamps, several headlight bulbs, as well as relays,, the easy ones to get to, Dealers damn them. I am sure it must be a short somewhere, The car is very clean inside and out. never and spilled drinks etc. engine compartment the same very clean. what is the common thread to this. A relay not a 100% ? Winters coming my Daughter and her children are now depending on this car. It runs very good, like a new car, yet battery gets drain while sitting.
    Any sharp minds out there that can help. Thank You - Ligg

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9-5 S Wagon-01
    This might not be any help but figured "why not":
    On my previous 9-3 I had an issue with the radiator fan going full tilt when car was turned off. There was a relay of some sort inside the car, center console, glove compartment side that was shot. Drained battery.
    But since that was another model it may not be at all similar.

The strangest electrical issues I've had on any car however, was because of a beat up tow hitch outlet. Fuses fried and lamps went left, right and center. If your car has one, check it just in case.

as I said, probably not much help..

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Does the key cylinder pop up when you take out the key out of the ignition? If not, it may be the cause of battery drain and the radio that keeps playing when you remove the key. http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=26395

The radiator fan comes on when the car is running and the fan is actually needed. Does it come on by itself when the car has been sitting for a while?

Perhaps it could be DICE related because it controls many functions in the car including the wipers. http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=1017

This thread for the OG9-3 (similar systems as the 9-5) describes similar issues and was also because of the DICE. http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=27247