Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x Premium

Trying to find new tail light lens for 2011 9-4X

I cracked a tail light on my 2011 9-4X and all the dealers and body shops I've talked to just say there is no part available. They just tell me that there were only 500 built and there are no spare parts for something like this until one of the other 499 owners of a 9-4X totals their car, without breaking the tail light I need. Anybody got any suggestions for how I can get this tail light fixed? Thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    What part of the tail light are you looking for? The part that is mounted on the hatch can be found on eBay.

Replacement parts are going to be hard to find for the 9-4X, especially when they get older and owners start looking for the same parts.

You could check with thesaabsite.com. They are the distributors for Orio USA (formerly Saab Parts North America) and perhaps they will have some more information on availability.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Now may be the time for like minded 9-4X owners to form cooperatives and friendships. For example, if 2-3 9-4X in Oklahoma or Oregon or where ever know each other, they can notify the others when they are having trouble. The one in the group of 2-3 might agree who will continue to drive their 9-4X and who will be the donor parts car. I wonder what they did with the parts because production ended abruptly, not a planned end. Of course, maybe the factory in Mexico just threw away boxes and crates of parts?

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x Premium
    Thanks for responding. It's the far right part of the tail light where it comes to a point (see pic). I just tried thesaabsite.com but they only say they'll contact me if one becomes available. This is my first Saab and I love this machine. I hate the idea of having to unload it, but particularly being the 9-4X it seems like it would be a guaranteed stream of headaches sooner or later to keep it. Is that about how you size it up?
    Name:  2015-11-01 16.44.40.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  32.0 KB

Saab Fan
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Hey Mark,

Make friends with John Kirkpatrick at Hendrick Cadillac/Saab in Cary (855-499-1414); the 9-4X is my first Saab as well and he has made it as seamless as possible so far. I've also heard good things about Rick Hendrick Chevy. Don't use Flow in Winston and I've heard mixed reviews from Saab of Charlotte. Hendrick in Cary is about a 2 hour drive for me, but I would much rather make the trip than take it to the other (closer) dealers.

This part is on backorder for now (future seems brighter than for other parts), so you're probably going to be SOL for a couple of months. Check eBay regularly to see if any come available.

I'm between Boone most of the time, so if there's ever anything I can do to help (not sure how much that will actually be), let me know and I will do whatever I can. I think I may know of a place to get a right taillight in NC, but no promises. I'll let you know what I find out.

I'm looking for a driver's side too -- listed as backordered on eEuroparts, have not checked with SAAB dealer yet.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    I had Problem with my Tail Light Assembly 2011 Saab 9-4x LEDs stopped working was able to purchase Right Rear Tail Light Assembly from Texas Auto Parts,
    San Antonio, TX. 210-670-9326 If any body is interested. Claims he had one left.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X, 1978 99 Turbo, 1964 GT850
    All, Unfortunately I can't fix a broken lens, but I can fix the LEDs - drop me a note at gpstottler at gmail dot com. If anyone has an otherwise unbroken unit with bad LEDs I'd love to buy it - pretty much impossible to find cores to fix and I hate to ask people to leave their car in the driveway for the 7 days or so it takes for two way shipping plus the 3 days or so it takes me to fix it (but if you've got the time I'm glad to do that). Best, Gary

Did you get a new tail light? They are available now . . . at least for awhile.