Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    aspiring

Kicks When Accelerate in Low Gear

so I've had my 2005 Linear Wagon out a few times now. Only complaint is an issue as follows.
    I thought this was due to some bad shifting on my part, but it occurs after I put it in gear, and even if I'm already in gear and accelerate from a low speed.

What happens is, I feel a kind of kick and hear a clunk sound from the rear. It's not a jolt. More like something turning under tension and the tension snaps.

Happens when I accelerate in first or second, doesn't seem to happen in the higher gears.

The OS thinks it might be a U-joint issue. After a little reading (very little) I'm wondering if it's a loose clutch or slipping wheel. I'm still learning clutch nomenclature.

That said it's perplexing bc it definitely feels like it's coming from the rear, not the clutch or FWD area.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    Just a guess, but if the action is in the rear, it could be rear brake related. Possibly sticky e-brake. Or rear pads not fully releasing.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    aspiring
    I thought I'd update here, several other clutch-threads seemed geared towards DIY.
    Mine died Sunday night not long after getting on the parkway. I'd driven out from a park but was suddenly getting the "shift up" light though in fifth. I slowed down, eventually stopping, and determined no gears were catching. Local Saab-friendly mechanic has verified it's the clutch assembly. Hoopefully nothing more than that. Not sure if that will address the earlier 'lurch" issue though.