This car was one of the last Saabs to be made in Arlov, Sweden. Production ended in March, 1990, the same month that this car was made.

The list price was $16,995. This was unchanged compared to the 1989 model year. However, in the U.S., the 1990 model came with an airbag, ABS (anti-lock brakes), and a center console. The hub caps changed in the base model from metal with round holes to plastic with thin, rectangular, slots. The 1989 had a hole in the rear window for a wiper, covered by a rubber plug while the 1990 did not have a hole.

The car had a 5 speed manual transmission, unlike an earlier Saab 900 that I had which had a Borg Warner Type 37 automatic transmission. Accessories included a black adhesive hood protection strip. I also used accessories from a previous Saab 900, including floor mats and a locking gas cap. I did add a Jack Ashcraft coolant filter, made by a Saab expert in Oregon.

Sadly, the car was in a collision and was taken by the insurance company where the car was either parted out or crushed. Carfax does not list any further registration after the collision. Only a very few parts, such as the rear floor mats and the flat tire bag were kept as momentos.

Name:  silver 900.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  45.7 KB