Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Dennis M

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 2.0T

Hi! Just bought 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Hello everybody! I just purchased a 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T, and it very rapidly became my favorite car I have owned, and I've owned 27 cars including the Saab. I am really interested in building the feisty little creature for racing cause I live in Utah, in the U.S. I have only seen one other one here on the road, and have never seen one at the tracks. I know its engine is an LK9 ECOtec turbo, but do not know where or how I would go about spicing it up. So I'm looking for some other people who have an idea on how to do this. My brother has a 08 Subaru WRX, and I would love to beat it on the track and in the canyons.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1992 900s
    Quote Originally Posted by d.morgan View Post
    Hello everybody! I just purchased a 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T, and it very rapidly became my favorite car I have owned, and I've owned 27 cars including the Saab. I am really interested in building the feisty little creature for racing cause I live in Utah, in the U.S. I have only seen one other one here on the road, and have never seen one at the tracks. I know its engine is an LK9 ECOtec turbo, but do not know where or how I would go about spicing it up. So I'm looking for some other people who have an idea on how to do this. My brother has a 08 Subaru WRX, and I would love to beat it on the track and in the canyons.

The 2.0T in your car is solid engine. It can make ~300hp before the pistons become a weak point. There are a number of tuners who can tune for Triadic 8 which is your car's ecu software version. JZW has been tuning saabs for a very long time. He can do anything from mild to wild, give him an e-mail and see what he can do.

I recommend maybe just a tune and/or downpipes. "Modding" is a big rabbit hole that you can get very deep into very quickly. Keep your car steerable and you'll thank yourself. Also you might consider some coilers and a cool set of wheels for the appearance. I think Megan makes coilers for the 9-3.