Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2003 saab 9-5

key not found issue

I bought a key and transmitter from saabsite.com. i gave them my vin# and received my key and transmitter. I now have a *key not found* error in the sid. The key turns the vehicle on but doesn't start the engine. What is my problem? The car battery has a full charge

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    It has to be married to the car with a Tech 2. If you have another key, it needs to be taken in also, as I believe both will have to given a new RF code. It's all about anti theft stuff with your TWICE unit.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero
    My Saab only came with one key, so I bought a key through clearcomtech.com and the http://www.lostsaabkeys.com/ website. I gave them my key code to have the key cut for the ignition. Once you receive it, you then have to have it programmed for your specific vehicle. This can be done by anyone with a Tech 2 device, as southsaab has already informed you. Just go to a dealer or reputable third party Saab repair shop to have this done. I paid about $50 to have it done, but some shops will do it for free. Take both your old key and the new one in at the same time, as they both will need to be done together. Once programmed, both keys should work perfectly.
    Measure with a micrometer. Mark it with chalk. Cut it with a chainsaw. Collary: Measure Twice. Cut Thrice. Keep cussing.