Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    Today's adventure:

I'm kicking myself for not changing the radiator while I had the front half of the car disassembled a month ago. The left side tank was leaking. Glad I got it done today before winter arrived. Temp dropped from 45 this morning to 20 by the time I finished.

To get access, I removed the intake hose, loosened up the cobra pipe (for some reason it didn't want to come out of the hole out all the way, so I just left it ), and removed the black plastic intake pipe along with the bypass valve. I also ended up pulling the battery to get an extra 1/2" of clearance for the fans. The fans come out first, then the radiator.

I discovered that you can put the rad in and out with the lower hose already attached. This is good, because that area is ridiculously hard to get to with the rad in the car.
    Slide it in/out at an angle:
    ]

Side angle showing that it is possible. My uncle came over while I was putting the turbo plumbing back in, and didn't believe that it came out the top until I showed him the pictures.

And, back together, ready to get covered with brine salt tomorrow.

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    Interesting development on what I thought was the throttle body driveability issue. The car finally threw a code last week - P0101. I first re checked all the connections between the MAF and the turbo, and re-sealed the line that connects the top of the cobra pipe to the PCV system. No dice, the code came back about 50 miles later.
    So for kicks, and because I had an extra one sitting around, I swapped out the MAF. Problem solved. The lumpy idle, surging, etc are all gone.
    Much cheaper fix than the TB. Well, free, for now until the project car is ready to go .