Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2000 wagon

Do I need to change transmission fluid for a manual transmission

My stick shift feels a bit tight, and for the past two and a half years I don't think I have ventured to change the transmission fluid. I Drive a 9-5 2.3 turbo 4 cylinder 5 speed wagon. First off, do you even need to change a transmission fluid for a manual transmission of this year. Is the SID for this model , capable of detecting low levels of brake and transmission fluid and showing these.
    Also under the hood, I can see brake fluid, by the transmission fluid receptacle is not really obvious. Where do I find this thank you

Sent from my JY-S3 using Tapatalk

Saab(s)
    99 9-3 9-5
    I suggest depending by the mileage (kilometers) the car had run since it was new to change the transmission oil.
    Gearbox wear depends by the usage of the car, even its used with or without a trailer, used in a flat or mountainous
    district. And if previous users have driven the car with or without respect.

To the second, the sid is capable to detect low levels of fluid. It is present for what it is thinked - to give a driver
    the necessary informations about the needs of the cars mechanic.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 2000 wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    I suggest depending by the mileage (kilometers) the car had run since it was new to change the transmission oil.
    Gearbox wear depends by the usage of the car, even its used with or without a trailer, used in a flat or mountainous
    district. And if previous users have driven the car with or without respect.

To the second, the sid is capable to detect low levels of fluid. It is present for what it is thinked - to give a driver
    the necessary informations about the needs of the cars mechanic.
    So far SID does not seem to ask for transmission fluid, so I think we are friend

Sent from my JY-S3 using Tapatalk