Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5

Broken vacuum thingie

2005 Saab 9-5 Arc sedan.

Was trying to disconnect a rigid vacuum line from an inline disk thingie and I broke the fitting on the disk! Here are a couple photos:

Photo 1
    Photo 2

As you can see, I temporarily installed a white coupler – I simply shoved one end of the white coupler into the rigid vacuum hose, and the other end of the white coupler into the disk thingie.

I think it's leaking. So how do I fix this for good? Epoxy? And what is the disk? Is it a check valve? Can I buy a new one?

Thank you

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    I broke the exact thing on my car. I just epoxied it straight together and it's held together for ~400 miles.

You apparently can't get it from Eeuro right now . Backordered. Here's the ProParts one, Genuine Saab is also on b/o.
    http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/7104...rans-52341095/

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    Yeah, it's the brake booster line, which has 2 "vacuum thingies", which are check valves. You replace the system, which connects to the manifold in a couple of spots and the brake booster. Easy to replace.
    But I want to compliment you on your fix. Well done! If you add epoxy such as Plastic Surgery, it may last quite a while.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC

Saab(s)
    1999 Saab 9-5
    Name:  disconnected hose1.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  40.1 KB I have a similar problem. I found where it connected to the intake unplugged. It just slides in and out of the hole where it goes. Is it supposed to snap into place or something? The picture here is with it connected but i found it just sitting out of the intake.

Ivan
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sedan (R.I.P.), 2006 9-5 2.3T Sport, 2008 9-3 Aero SC
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra13907 View Post
    Name:  disconnected hose1.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  40.1 KB I have a similar problem. I found where it connected to the intake unplugged. It just slides in and out of the hole where it goes. Is it supposed to snap into place or something? The picture here is with it connected but i found it just sitting out of the intake.
    It just slides in. The only part of the booster line that snaps in is the one that connects to the firewall side.