Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD

Restoration of Radio Buttons

I have a 2008 9-3 SS 2.0T with a radio/CD player and a worn On/Off button. Does anyone know of a restoration product for the buttons which have the surface worn or rubbed off? I would prefer not to replace the radio for a single worn button. Superior Restoration Products has a restoration product for the 2003-2006 9-3 AC buttons, but no other Saab products. Looks like this is a common problem. What is everyone else doing? First post.

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    I had a quick look around out of curiosity due to our 2011 93 radio looks the same if not similar.
    I first found a complete unit (Used and buttons slightly worn) $75=£50. I'm not 100% sure but relatively sure the unit would need to be divorced from the previous vehicle then marrying to your vehicle, and possibly some options might need to be re-installed(rain sensor) if the donor vehicle did not have it installed.
    Then found this.
    http://www.classicdyeproducts.com/la...utton_graphics
    But at $80.64=£54.18 for some stickers to stick over the buttons (and not saying on/off but the power button logo), seems a little bit too expensive.
    My option might be a visit to some scrapyards and see if they have a good quality button or facia at a more favourable price.
    If you do decide to take the whole unit, you will need to take a note of the donor vehicle's VIN number, so you can do the divorce/marry bit via Tech2.

Hope this is of some help.
    Dave.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    I have looked at a new radio with new buttons but this would cost $300 to $400. My Saab service center suggested a local plastics restoration company called "Plastic Surgeon" and for the single button, custom repair, he is going to repair it for $45. I will give details after the repair is finished.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    ON/OFF button restored today for $45. Lettering looks good. The backlighting is not the same as new. Over all the Radio button looks much better, but not 100% the same as new. The repair is acceptable.