Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Ray
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '98 9000, '03 9-5 Aero

Bought another Saab, finally registered on this forum

SO I am going though withdrawal symptoms - finally decided to get a 9-5 after driving 9000's for 20 years. I gave my '98 9000 stick to my daughter and bought a '03 9-5 Aero stick off fleabay. The car only has 55,000 miles, but I had to replace the exhaust, and I need to get new Xenon lights. Also, had to fudge the rain sensor system because someone replaced the windshield with an after market job. It's definitely a transition, and I do miss the 9000. The 9-5 is nice to drive but seems to have too many gimmicks as yet (theft alarm issues, radio code, etc.). I did the MP3 fix to the stock radio last night, and once I get the thing "re-married" to the car I will see how it works. I'm thinking that I will go with an aftermarket job, and thanks to Wulff for the thread about Enfig and the wiring harness solution. I did put on a BSR exhaust, and I bought a stage 2 chip from EEuro which I am installing this weekend. I could be driving this car for another 10 years, so might as well set it up the way I want.

Cheers,

Ray

Saab(s)
    '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, '90 900
    Sounds like it' still a new car! I'd like a 9-5 with a manual. Post up some pics when you get time!

I'm curious about the MP3 mod; I haven't really looked into it yet, but I'd like a way to use my music collection in the car.

I also had several 9000s over the years, including my Aero, which was a blast to drive. It was much more nimble, and much faster (with some mods for about 300lb-ft). Just a different focus from a bit different era, I guess.

Ray
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '98 9000, '03 9-5 Aero
    I tried the MP3 mod and it didn't work out too well. I did it the day before I wet away for Christmas and haven't had it apart since, but the phone connection didn't work and the rear speakers are really quiet. When I get home (on Sunday) I plan to undo the mod and see if the rear speakers come back. Then I will go forward from there. In the meantime, I ordered a new Kenwood single din radio with the thought that it's really important that I be able to use my phone hands free and therefore I can write off the radio as a business expense! For me, it's too much of a pain in the butt to go through all the finessing. The reason I got the single din is because it's only $150, and the kit that enfig sells to wire it up is about $200! I don't have $400 for the radio for the car!