Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 ARC

Lightbulb P1108 Charge Air Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit Short to B+ Error 2005 Saab 95

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me. I just purchased a 2005 Saab 9-5 ARC 2.3lT. I love the car! My issue is my new car will not pass the provincial emissions test performed through the OBDII port. The engine light comes on and stays on, and my scanner comes back with a P1108 Charge Air Absolute Pressure Sensor Circuit Short to B+. I did some research online and it sounded like it was my MAP sensor. I ordered a used one from a local specialized wrecker and replaced it. I test drove my car after erasing all stored codes, and the P1108 is back on again. I am hoping someone can help me. Backround history on the car is the previous owner (according to the provincial government website on vehicle emissions history) the car failed the test in December 2014, and was given a "conditional pass" with the failure titled: Other Ignition (Coil (Pack) Failure). I am not sure if he fixed this issue or has drove the car for a year without fixing it. The car seems to drive fine to me, but I have noticed that the past few times starting the car, it runs for a second then quits. I have to give it some gas to get it to stay running for a second, and its good to go.

I have included two snapshot's from my scanner at different times the code set the engine light on, hoping someone can make a diagnosis from the readings and help me get my car repaired.

Reading #1

Fuel Sys 1 - CL
    Fuel Sys 2 - NA
    Calc Load % - 15.3
    ECT - 78
    STFT B1 (%) - -3.1
    LTFT B1 (%) - 0.0
    MAP (kPa) - 35
    Eng RPM - 849
    Veh Speed (Km/h) - 0
    Spark Adv - 12.0
    IAT - 19
    MAF (g/s) - 4.26
    TPS (%) - 17.3

Reading #2

Fuel Sys 1 - CL
    Fuel Sys 2 - NA
    Calc Load % - 11.0
    ECT - 86
    STFT B1 (%) - -5.5
    LTFT B1 (%) - 2.3
    MAP (kPa) - 26
    Eng RPM - 999
    Veh Speed (Km/h) - 30
    Spark Adv - 10.5
    IAT - 27
    MAF (g/s) - 3.69
    TPS (%) - 16.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan
    Last edited by Revelation; 18 December 2015 at 21:22.