Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

passenger side footwell leak

after several days of heavy rain, the ol' 9-4 has a puddle of water underneath the passenger side footwell carpeting.

it goes in friday for a look see.

i'm worried it is coming in from the side marker lamp, and the reason i am worried is because that was replaced due to condensation and i am wondering if life is telling me i was better off not having it replaced!

anybody have a similar issue?

Jeff

For future reference, it was a drainage pipe that is supposed to carry water from the sunroof area down the a pillar. It connects to another pipe in the fender area. Those two became disconnected and the water was coming into the footwell area.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Sunroof cars are always prone to leaking due to poor drainage, should be the first place to check for moisture inside a sunroof equipped car. Nice to know you got your fixed, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen to mine.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

I appreciate this post. I'm worried about service on my 9-4x -- for example, I have a bad head liner rattle -- would love some hints on getting that fixed.

We took it to the local Saab dealer that still has a service dept.
    we were provided a third party warranty pkg when we bought the 9-4, so the repair will be paid for after our deductible.
    If you only have the Saab warranty, it will come out of your own pocket, so you'll have to determine what you can live with.

Saab(s)
    9-4x
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    For future reference, it was a drainage pipe that is supposed to carry water from the sunroof area down the a pillar. It connects to another pipe in the fender area. Those two became disconnected and the water was coming into the footwell area.
    jeffgtx...thanks for your post. I have the same problem. Bought my 9-4x last October, this problem just occurred a couple of weeks.. Love my Saab but no warranty now is a bit unsettling. thankfully, my husband is a mechanical genius, when I told him about your post he knew exactly what to do. So far I have not had any other issues. Thanks again!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
    Can this be fixed by us? or do we have to take it in? Any tips on how to get to it? (Not that i have the problem now, just thinking about the future.. just in case..)

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I just had this issue (noticed it after the rain) and will most likley be taking it in unless its a simple fix

any help appreciated

I just got the wet carpet on the passenger side below the sunroof -- will be looking for this drain line under the fender tomorrow.

Wish I could get access to some sort of service manual.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel H View Post
    I just got the wet carpet on the passenger side below the sunroof -- will be looking for this drain line under the fender tomorrow.

Wish I could get access to some sort of service manual.
    did you find anything? Were you able to fix it or did you have to take it in?