Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    900 Turbo, 9-3 SE, 9-5 Aero

OK, need some post 03 9-5 info

I have an 03 Aero. Going to look at an 07 with 36k (yes, that's right...36k)

I can't find any info on models for 2007. I have no idea waht it is. Did they have the 3 trim levels? What are they?
    I am still trying to get some info on this car. What changes do I need to keep an eye out for that might surprise me vs. my 03?

TIA

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The 07 is the same as MY06. Many changes from the previous model years: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=314

Only difference was 2006 had just one 'base' model but could be had with the Sport Package (which made it an Aero). For 2007, there was the base trim level called 2.3T which was basically an Arc trim level and the Aero trim level was back. More info: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ewfull=1#post4

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    My 08 wagon has been flawless at 47000. Still has the original rotors and just passed Va. inspection. Oil changed every 5000.

Saab(s)
    900 Turbo, 9-3 SE, 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    The 07 is the same as MY06. Many changes from the previous model years: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=314

Only difference was 2006 had just one 'base' model but could be had with the Sport Package (which made it an Aero). For 2007, there was the base trim level called 2.3T which was basically an Arc trim level and the Aero trim level was back. More info: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ewfull=1#post4
    Thanks Wulf! That helps alot.

I did get a chance to talk to my indy mech., a Cert. Saab tech. this morning He said the 06 and 07,s were the finest examples of the 9-5. He said they had all the bugs worked out. The timing covers do not leak, the PCV and some other things. He said he rarely sees them for odd ball problems, just normal maintenance.

I have found an 07 9-5 2.3T with 35k on the clock. One owner, carfax shows oil changes every 6 months regardless of miles. Sometimes it was only 700 miles between changes. My mech said it has the same turbo as the Aero, but the programming was not quite as aggressive. (which he can correct) Other than not having the lowered springs, it was the same as an Aero but with different seat trim and different colored dash.

Hoping to finalized the buy in the next couple days. I have to say I really like the front end vs. my 03 Aero, but I'm not a fan of the rear tail lights.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by 900Aero View Post
    My mech said it has the same turbo as the Aero, but the programming was not quite as aggressive. (which he can correct)
    For MY06-09 in the US, the engine of the base 2.3T trim level and Aero are exactly the same with the same programming and 260 hp.

Good luck with the purchase, sounds like a great find with great service history and low miles.