Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3

GLI Noise

Well the antenna/signal strength was fine!

However the noise problem got worse, now a constant buzz/humm at low volume coming over the speakers.

The source though was relatively easy to find, it was due to the ground loop isolators. When I had put the head unit back into the dash the gli's ended up positioned on the right hand side behind the head unit and in close proximity to the large factory wiring harness located there. This is not good as the gli's are very sensitive as it turns out to induced noise. When the car is running a great deal of noise is generated this way.

Moving the gli's to the left side away from the wiring harness solved the problem. No more noise!
    Last edited by aeronaut; 06 February 2016 at 16:21.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3

Night Panel

I have found that with the Kenwood head unit the car's 'Night Panel' functionality for those long nighttime drives can be maintained. It's just you, the speedometer and the road (and your favorite music!) when in night panel mode.

The head unit has a front mounted 'FNC' button which can be set to different functions, one of which is 'V.OFF'. When set to v.off pushing and holding the fnc button for 1 second turns off the display. The screen is completely dark with only the head unit control buttons remaining lit similar to the HVAC controls, etc when the dash is in night panel mode.

Also the control buttons are fully adjustable for colour. I set them to green to perfectly match the existing Saab dash lights.

Excellent work Kenwood!

Last edited by aeronaut; 31 January 2016 at 19:24.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3
    Here is the proper antenna adapter for the 2006+'s. It is the same as a 2007 and up Saab 9-3. The audio industry catalogs do not show this, for some reason they were not updated for the 2006+ cars.

Metra 40-EU10 Antenna Adapter

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12040EU...r.html?tp=2569

Saab(s)
    2007 9-5 Aero, 71 Sonett III
    Aeronaut, great post, I am doing Te same thing with my 07 9-5 Aero, fitting a Pioneer AVIC-F950DAB that I previously had in my 02 Aero. Have you had any luck with the sterling wheel controls? I bought the Connects2 Unit but it isn't interfacing. THe older PAC SWI-RC isn't supposed to work after 2005, but the Connects2 says it is good 2008 and later.
    So I am at a loss

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3
    Hi StephenB,

I have not yet tried to get the steering wheel controls connected. I am suprised that the Connects2 unit doesn't work, and as far as I know the 2006 to 2009 model years are the same stereo wise. I have noticed that a number of suppliers databases do not have the correct info for the 2006 to 2009 cars.

Here is another one to try from Metra -

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.ph...cb6e083688de6b
    http://www.metraonline.com/files/asw...1_INST_329.pdf

Saab(s)
    MY07 9-5
    Hi aeronaut

I have the 2007 model, and according to a car audio store, GM/Saab changed some parts in the audio system between 2006 and 2008/9. Therefore, my car was really difficult, and the connects2 adapter would not work.

With your aftermarket head unit, I wonder if you still have the indicator light sound? I was told that this sound 'came from' the head unit?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3
    Hi sastad, yes I still have the indicator (signal) light sound. I always thought that this sound was produced by the sid.

Yes the stereo was changed to GM sourced equipment for the years between 2006 and 2009, the connectors I used were for a Pontiac Solstice which I sourced at my local car audio shop. I did have to reconfigure the pins to work on the Saab harness.

Do you have any pictures of your install? Are the connectors different than on my 2006?
    Last edited by aeronaut; 04 August 2016 at 22:34.

Saab(s)
    MY07 9-5
    Hi

I still have the original system, but I can take some pictures of the connectors later on.
    I tried installing a Pioneer head unit using the connects2 interface, but as it didn't work(no power, no nothing) I removed it and went back to the original. I didn't change the connectors since the connects2 interface should provide power, ignition, etc. Maybe it could have worked if I took the ignition from somewhere else.

However, now I'm thinking of trying the incartec 29-UC050-SAAB adapter, as it should work for my model.

Quote Originally Posted by aeronaut View Post
    Hi sastad, yes I still have the indicator (signal) light sound. I always thought that this sound was produced by the sid.

Yes the stereo was changed to GM sourced equipment for the years between 2006 and 2009, the connectors I used were for a Pontiac Solstice which I sourced at my local car audio shop. I did have to reconfigure the pins to work on the Saab harness.

Do you have any pictures of your install? Are the connectors different than on my 2006?

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3
    Which connects2 interface did you try? You have to be sure to get the car amplifier turned on with pin 6 (RmtEnable) or else there will be no sound.

The incartec adapter looks interesting and it includes the steering wheel controls by the look of the instructions. If you use it post some pictures here.

Saab(s)
    9-5
    Hello, I have a 2007 9-5 with Denso NAV. Wanna to put Kenwood. Already bought a frame, the biggest question - to connect with system, is it enought to order SAAB steering control adaptor like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saab-9-5-95-...8AAOSwYHxWH36B and ISO/SAAB adaptor like this https://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=3529

or some extra things are needed also?