Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    99 Viggen convertible, 00 Viggen convertible, 99 Viggen Coupe

Viggen virus!

Hi everyone (Kia ora) I'm a newbie
    I now have a virus with no medical name, or known cure! Main Category 'Saab' - sub category 'VIGGEN' It started with a cheap 9-3 se convertible, this blew up on the motorway, but the virus had taken hold, Next thing I know I have a beautiful '00 LB Viggen convertible with blue inserts; happy? very until I saw a '99 Black Viggen with a Ochre insert for sale. What do I do, what any one does with a passion; I go and just look at it, get some ideas, but oh no! I fall in love with it; one must go, to own two Viggen convertibles is silly. I put pictures on Facebook and ask friends to decide; result 50/50%, my decision is made... have both (one for each of my girls when they grow up! Lilly wants the LB and Evie the black). end of virus? no! what happens;

I forget to stop notices of Viggens for sale! next thing I know a '99 black coupe, with ochre interior comes up for sale. I think if price is right, I'll have a 'rare' (I think it is!) spare interior . Price is right so I buy as spare. I begin driving this as the winter has begun; I like the more stiffer feel, so I decide this will be mine and i will rebuild it, happy? very happy, but I think I would like it to be a track car - the debate starts - rare Viggen on the track (stripped out) or road car? damn cannot decide! What does a level minded, sane person do? Find another car for the track!

My son lives in Sweden, what better place to buy. I/we find an 02 9-3 2.5 Saab Salomon (Red) with work already done. Yes I am finished with all the cars; now my son wants the Salomon!!!! We agree he can have it until I collect it. Now I have 4 2.5 Saabs, must be happy or mad, well as it turns out I'm mad, stark raving crazy!! I have decided to rebuild and improve on the Viggens, slightly! buy some parts; a 9-3 diesel comes up 220,000 something miles, very cheap and has Eibach suspension nice and low, perfect for one of the convertibles, and I can dive this around while I work on the others or until it blows up or what ever; who cares! Must be happy, well almost; I want the coupe to be a quicker road car, parts off the Salomon could do it, but this is in Sweden and this could be my track car!

Dilemma: let's think about this, cost to do full rebuild with new stuff is way, way out of a now non-existent budget. I decide to go and see a friend who breaks 9-3 Saabs. We discuss options, the following week he has found me a 9-3 with huge amounts of money put into it (B234 engine) all the goodies. No brainer! just need to find more money!! I sell some stuff, now I have the donor car!!!! YES, very happy, now all I need to do is begin working on them.
    You not going to believe this I have just found a set of 18" 6 spoke Hirsch rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final Tally!
    1x 00 LB Viggen Convertible Blue interior
    1x 99 Black Viggen Convertible Ochre interior
    1x 99 Black Viggen Coupe Ochre interior
    1x 99 9-3 coupe modified
    1X 02 9-3 Salomon 2.5 modified
    1x 02 diesel red Saab Turbo interior
    steady growing garage of parts

Take care everyone and for those who have read this I apologise for any grammatical, spelling errors (post stroke and heart transplant - that's another story!)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Viggenitis? Viggenza? Viggenosis? Whatever addiction it is, you are in good company here!

Would love to see and here more about your dealings with this infectious disease. Welcome to SaabWorld!

Roger Cook
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-5 Aero, 2006 9-3SC 2.0T, 2000 Viggen 'vert, SAAB Quantum, 2000 9-5 retired at 318K miles
    I almost got a super rare MCY 2000 'vert as a stable mate for my 2000 Silver 'vert in the summer of '14. Alas, I was out bid.