Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 93 2.0t

2006 Saab 93 2.0t Battery/Alternator/Electrical issue

Hey guys! First off, I'm new here so this might not be a perfect post. Last night on my way home from work I got a message saying "Battery not charging-contact service." I made it home and everything seemed fine. After some research on the forums I thought it was likely the alternator going out. I was going to get it tested at AutoZone (a few miles away) and about a mile down the road I lost all electronics/panels. I didn't want to chance getting stranded so I turned around and parked it at home. Once I got home and was inside my car alarm started going off (car was off, fob was on the counter untouched). I recently replaced the battery (~2 months ago) and everything was going fine until last night. Is this just the alternator or could it be something different? If noticed a few minor since getting the car in May such as a false warning of a headlight being out but I haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary. I'm currently at college with limited resources/tools and only a basic amount of car knowledge so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Saab Owner
    Saab(s)
    2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
    I know this post won't help you right off, but I am having an almost identical problem with my car. Mine is the same year as your's, just a V6. I had a similar episode to the one you described just last week. I'm going to jump the car off and get my alternator tested this weekend. If I discover anything, I will be the first to let you know. I'm fearing I am going to have plan on getting an alternator soon, but we'll see. I'm praying it's cheaper, more simple fix.