Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Aero Also owned 71 and 75 Saab 99s

Anti-lock brakes, skid and traction control all not working

Hello,

I have tried searching the threads but for some reason my specific issue does not surface. It is a trifecta. Anti-lock brakes, skid and traction control all not working. Car still starts (which seems to be an added problem some folks have). Nothing changes on restart. Only atmospheric change is a significant drop in ambient temperature since obtaining the car. Went down to 8 degrees last night when it has been in the 20s and 30s (F). Previous owner does not report this as an issue. Thoughts or perhaps direction to a link that will contain information specific to this problem. Thanks. RSM

Car is 2006 AERO 2.8L

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    96 Saab 900 SE Turbo automatic 2.0
    Start with corroded connector on right front wheel from possible water damage. If that's not it there is a pump for abs $$$

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Aero Also owned 71 and 75 Saab 99s

Just the brakes

Quote Originally Posted by vf900 View Post
    Start with corroded connector on right front wheel from possible water damage. If that's not it there is a pump for abs $$$

I had the car gone over thoroughly and it turns out that one rear caliper was stuck open and the other stuck shut. Two calipers and lots of $$ later the ABS/traction/anti-skid idiot lights have not reappeared. Brakes are still a bit spongy with the new calipers and new pads and rotors all around. Tech says that he may need to bleed the brakes several times to get rid of pedal travel. They do stop the car well with a bit of pressure, but world of difference between this and my CLA 250. Something to get used to. Thanks for the response and help to all!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    96 Saab 900 SE Turbo automatic 2.0
    My 96 Saab 900 got new rotors and shoes and feels great for awhile then the message (check brakes ) went back for rebleed good and now have travel again ? It is disappointing.