Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2011 9.5 Aero

2011 9.5 Aero oil light

When starting from cold oil light goes out but comes on with warning - oil pressure low stop engine- if I stop and restart it usually stays off unless the air temp. is low. Oil pressure switch and oil replaced but fault is still there, probably not as bad as before the service. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi Tony, some times there is a fault at the oil filter gasket area not sure of the part number to replace but will look and see elsewhere.

Saab(s)
    2011 9.5 Aero
    thanks Gepe, the gasket was replaced when the filter was changed and the garage don't think there is a problem with that. They have now checked oil pressure with a gauge and that shows it's correct on cold start up but the fault persists. The oil light still comes on when starting from cold, never at any other time!!
    Could it be the engine management system?

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Don't know. Not had any problems like this and I was using info from other fora
    Hope you get to the bottom of this before too long.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2.0 TTiD 9-5
    Having the same issue recently. Not identified a cause and is intermittent.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 NG9-5 2.0TTiD Aero , 2006 9-3 Convertible 2.0T
    Hello all, this is my first post on the forum. I decided to jump in after seeing this problem posted here.

This one is a real problem and a known issue, but luckily there are a number of reports of a bullet proof fix for this one. Be advised that there might also be other leaks that can cause this issue.

The reports of "Oil pressure low" usually start when weather gets cool. There is a leaking round gasket between the oil suction pipe that comes up from the oil pan and connects to bottom of engine block. The leaking gasket lets air in the pipe and causes the oil pressure to rise slower when starting up the engine.

This gasket has not been available as an original Saab part for quite awhile. The part is, however, available as Opel/Vauxhall part and the part number is: 55589549.
    NOTE: DO NOT ORDER THIS PART WITH SAAB PART NUMBER! You will get a wrong part which will show in Saab EPC as gasket between oil pump and the engine block. Replacing this gasket will obviously result only as high mechanics bill and the problem will not go away.

The right part itself cost around 20€, but the labor is around half a day or a little more at the repair shop. The car needs to be hoisted, wheels removed, plastic covers under the engine removed, right side drive shaft loosened, turbo oil return pipe (?) and some other stuff removed or loosened, oil pan needs to be dropped and so on.

My mechanic used sealing glue to make sure the new sealing sticks and does not leak.

I hope this helps.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi Peinu, first WELCOME to the site and forum. Thanks for the info. I think one of the problems we will all be facing at some time is the Opel / Vauxhall equivalent part numbers for SAAB parts that are no longer available - so thanks for listing them.
    TTFN