Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 ( temporary until I get my wagon)

Came over due to excessive Moderator-as-troll activity on another site

Really got tired of asking questions and having posts killed repeatedly by the moderator and a small posse of regulars.

So far, I haven't seen anything like that here, and I find that refreshing.

"If you won't take my advice, why do you continue to post" type of attitude..

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    What's the other site? You see that more often on big commercially-owned forums where there is a small group of people who may be under the assumption they are the community. Admins of those site are paid company employees and generally don't care what happens in "their" community.

SaabWorld is more like a smaller neighbourhood place where everybody treats each other with respect and welcome newcomers.

Welcome Saab friend!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 ( temporary until I get my wagon)
    SaabCentral.

I was looking for a source of coil packs for a 93 with nearly 300K on it, and didn't want to pay markup on Chinese aftermarket stuff.
    Diggs responded within MINUTES, saying a definitive :Rock Auto is the cheapest" killing my post. RA charges 80 for the same part I had no problem finding for 39 shipped .
    Obviously, he had no idea what he was talking about, yet insisted that any other source was unsuitable and seemed to have a real problem with
    any reluctance on my part to take his advice,
    Just one of several examples of killed threads.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I second that. This is the happiest Saab site in the universe! It would be busier if Saab were still making cars.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Rock Auto is an advertiser/sponsor on SaabCentral and I am guessing they want to promote those companies? Not sure if moderators on these commercial forums get any financial incentives for promoting sponsors.

I was a SaabCentral moderator once but had a difference of opinion with other mods and forum management so that didn't last long.. The site changed a lot in the last 5 years and not many moderators are left from the time before the VerticalScope buyout.