Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 95 AERO

2008 9-5 AERO wheel hub replacement tools

Hello all! Brand new Saab owner. Just picked me up a beautiful black fully loaded 2008 9-5 Aero with 80k on it. Runs great, looks great. One thing it needs is the passenger side wheel bearing replaced. I've done these on other cars, and found the awesome pdf on how to replace this one. My main question is what tools do I need for this job? I previously owned a Mercedes and have several hex sockets, but I'm sure there are specifics. If anyone could help out and point me in the right direction. I did find a walk-though with tools needed for an 05 9-3 but the setup looks a bit different. Any help is appreciated.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 95 AERO
    Can anyone at least confirm that these tools needed are the same for my model year 9-5?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...=169353&page=4

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Looking at the instructions for replacing the wheel bearing and hub assembly, it doesn't look like you need any specialized tools. Saab often uses torx bolts so having a set of those handy is a good idea when doing any work on a Saab.

Wheel bearing and hub assembly replacement instructions: http://saabworld.net/attachment.php?...2&d=1454507202

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 95 AERO
    Thanks Wulf. I have a set already from my Benz. And I just ordered a new Torque wrench and a 20 and 18 torx female sockets.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    1997 NG 900 SE
    As a tip when you do this job, approach it as if you were replacing the CV joint, and it may make more sense. You want the CV spline shaft to freely clear the hub in order to have access to the torx nuts. Depending on how snug the splines are in the hub, you might have to use a gear puller to help.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk