Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD

TPSM Module failure

I have a Tire Pressure System Failure warning with all sensors working but problems with communication with the module. The System was reset by a Saab Service Center, but again failed after going over the first significant bump. System can be reset and failure warning does not immediately come on when started in the morning, but comes back on after short drive usually after a bump. It does not reset while driving and other strange warnings like the parking brake light will come on, if I try to reset it while driving. Suggested repair was to replace Module if fault returned which it has. For the 2009 9-3 2.0T SS XWD, where is the Module located? Can I replace this myself or should I let the service center do it? Any other thoughts?

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    Not too sure if the link I'm about to try and post will help, but it has some info that might help.
    It should be a Pdf. Page 195 gives some info and page 311 gives a list of fault codes that could be read using Tech2.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/093n7q4czz...ption.pdf?dl=0

Hope it helps.
    Dave

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2008 9-3SS, 2009 9-3XWD
    TPSM Control Module replaced by Saab Service Center (Orlando, FL) today. Fixed problem. Module part costs $132.90.