Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 95 AERO

Headlight switch question

Sorry to have so many new threads this week, just trying to get a handle on the new Saab. So I removed fuse 35 to get rid of the DRL's. I replaced the Xenon's, and the parking lights up front. Here's the strange thing. Per the owners manual, The far left is "DRL" or "OFF", middle is "parking lights/fog lights (if enabled)" and the right is normal "all lights". Well, when I select the middle option, ONLY the xenon's come on. Then the right is all the rest. Wondering if this is a relay issue, or a switch issue? I would like to have the ability to run just the parking lamps and fogs for evenings.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    With that fuse out it is either all on or all off

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    In the US, you can only use foglights when your main headlights are on. It's the other way in Europe where you can only use your front foglights when your headlights are off and citylights are on. And that's actually the only way to use fog lights.

The car can be programmed to either use North American or European / Rest of the World light settings with Tech2.

As Mike mentioned, the middle and right position of the switch should be the same and turn all lights on when the fuse is removed.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2008 95 AERO
    Yeah, I found other info on the Euro or Rest Of World settings tech2. Sigh. That's annoying.
    But yeah, my middle position only turns on the xenons, nothing else. Thought that was strange. Thanks guys.

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    It is always difficult to provide comments for other countries esp about lights. What to use / when etc. In the UK fog lights (front and / or rear) are ONLY meant to be used with fog or poor visibility and with dipped head-lights. Many drivers, however, seem to use front fog lights as DRLs which is illegal. The introduction of DRL's have also led to many hire cars being driven well into the evening when head-lights should have been activated! and DRL's are only on the front with NO lights lit from the back. WE also have many cars being driven on 'side-lights' which are realy only corner markers for lit roads for when parked!

Confusing in your home country and never mind commenting on an other so just 'be bright - be safe'