Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon

Headlight Washer Nozzle Question

Hey There,

I have a quick question. My headlight washer nozzles broke off so I cannot reconnect the washer covers. I want to fix this but these little pieces are $68 ea., and I'm not sure of their purpose since I don't have wipers on my headlights (2004 9-5 Arc Wagon). Question: any experiences or advice on this subject?

Thanks.

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    The idea behind this system is to deliver a high pressure blast of water over your headlights, without the need for wipers.
    You might want to re-check the parts or prices. I had a quick search here below:
    http://www.jimellissaabparts.com/sho...category=19607
    and found.
    (50) H/lamp washer L/H = $80
    (50) H/lamp washer R/H = $69
    (50A) Headlamp washer L/R = $68 each
    (51) Nozzle L/R = $28 each
    Look after the covers while you sort it, they're listed at $35 each.
    You could also try... I'm not sure what they're called now,
    a Scrapyard, Car salvage centre, Auto-reclamation company, Pre-loved car parts place .
    Hope this helps.
    Dave

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    Thanks Dave, the washer covers are waiting. I spied some on eBay for $38, I just need to make sure I have the correct model #'s. I will cross reference the numbers you gave me. I will check the junkyards too, might be cheaper than eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave 2 93s View Post
    Hi
    The idea behind this system is to deliver a high pressure blast of water over your headlights, without the need for wipers.
    You might want to re-check the parts or prices. I had a quick search here below:
    http://www.jimellissaabparts.com/sho...category=19607
    and found.
    (50) H/lamp washer L/H = $80
    (50) H/lamp washer R/H = $69
    (50A) Headlamp washer L/R = $68 each
    (51) Nozzle L/R = $28 each
    Look after the covers while you sort it, they're listed at $35 each.
    You could also try... I'm not sure what they're called now,
    a Scrapyard, Car salvage centre, Auto-reclamation company, Pre-loved car parts place .
    Hope this helps.
    Dave

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon
    Hey Dave,

I am trying to purchase this nozzle, but I am not sure if I just need the nozzle or the assembly. How can I determine this? Does the assembly provide the fitting for the hose attached to the headlamp? Thanks.

Dave
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2001 93 2.0Ltr HOT Aero coupe & 2011 1.9TTiD Aero saloon
    Hi
    Unfortunately I've never been up close and personal with these parts myself. My 2001 93 has the older washer jet and wiper system, and the 2011 is driven by my girlfriend while I seem to be always in my van.
    I'm allowed near it when it requires services or if something needs some attention. Oh and once a week when I'm permitted to wash it. So far the light washers have not acted up so I've not become acquainted with them.

I've found some pictures of the parts though:
    The headlight washer assembly 12767674 (driver side pictured)12767675=passenger side
    http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/73890/Headlight-Washer-Assembly-Driver-Side-12767674/
    And the headlight washer nozzle 5492897 (driver side pictured) 5492905=passenger side
    http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/50957/Headlight-Washer-Nozzle-Driver-Side-5492897/
    Hope they are some use to you.
    Ttfn
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave 2 93s; 22 February 2016 at 02:02. Reason: removing font listing stuff